The TeX Users Group (TUG) was founded in 1980 to provide an organization for people who are interested in typography and font design, and/or are users of the TeX typesetting system invented by Donald Knuth.
If you're new to TeX and are looking for a system to install, or have questions to ask, click here to get started.
- TUGboat 41:1, a regular issue, has been mailed to current TUG members. (Mail delivery will be delayed, possibly significantly, due to the global health situation, but the printed copies are in the pipeline. USPS list of affected countries.) The issue is also available online and from the TUG store. In addition, prior TUGboat issue 40:3, another regular issue, is now publicly available. Submissions for the upcoming issues this year are most welcome: deadline for 41:2 is August 3, and for 41:3 is October 15. Articles, tutorials, announcements, and any other items would be greatly appreciated, since we will be lacking a proceedings issue.
- TeX Live 2020 and MacTeX 2020 and proTeXt for 2020 have been released. They are primarily distributed online through CTAN (TL, MacTeX, proTeXt). The TeX Collection 2020 DVD will be sent to TUG and other user group members; it can also be ordered through the TUG store.
Upcoming events (comprehensive meeting list)
- G21C—Grapholinguistics in the 21st Century, via video, June 17-19, 2020. Extended description of conference by Yannis Haralambous: history, topics, relevance to TeX. Registration, keynotes.
- TUG 2020 will be held online via Zoom, July 24-26, 2020. Registration is free of charge but requested in advance. As our first online conference, we need volunteers for various special tasks, and of course speakers (call for papers) for the meeting to be a success. Please come forward if you're interested, and thanks.
- 14th ConTeXt Meeting, Prague-Sibřina, Czech Republic, Sept. 6-12, 2020.
- DANTE meeting, Otto-von-Guericke-Universität, Magdeburg, Germany, March 10-12, 2021.
- GuIT 2019, Turin, Italy, October 26, 2019.
- 13th ConTeXt Meeting - dirty tricks & dangerous bends; Bassenge, Belgium, Sept. 16-21, 2019.
- BachoTeX 2019 - TeX old but gold: the durability of typographic TeXnologies; Bachotek, Poland, May 1-5, 2019.
- DANTE meeting, Universität zu Lübeck, Germany, March 25-27, 2020.
TUG is a not-for-profit organization by, for, and of its members, also representing the interests of TeX users worldwide. If you use any TeX-related programs (TeX, LaTeX, ConTeXt, Metafont, MetaPost, Texinfo, et al.), please consider joining TUG (or another TeX user group). Memberships and donations are tax-deductible in the US.
TUG membership benefits include our journal TUGboat (available both in print and online) and the TeX Collection software: TeX Live, proTeXt, MacTeX, snapshot of CTAN. TUG also runs an annual TeX conference, among other activities.
The Comprehensive TeX Archive Network (CTAN) is the primary repository for TeX-related software on the Internet. CTAN has many thousands of items; its package list, topic cloud, and CTAN search page can help you find what you need.
Latest CTAN updates - poemscol - amscls - fontools - nicematrix - bib2gls - pgf-pie - cloze - pst-circ - utf8add - tikz-lake-fig - plautopatch - biblatex-unified - pwebmac - reledmac - marathi - HITSZThesis - crossword - fontsetup - NewComputerModern - haranoaji-extra - haranoaji - bookshelf - euflag - akshar - ellipsis - rec-thy - chemfig - LaTeX-veryshortguide - decorule - OpTeX